To protect the sensitive values and balance multiple uses at a localised level, site specific management is required. It is important to consider the rules for these sites when planning your visit.
The sites listed below have either a Site Plan, Site Management Arrangement or a Special Management Area.
Before accessing the site information below refer to the following information for the Management Area:
- Zoning Maps:
- Keppel Islands and Capricorn Bunker and Coast maps to find where moorings and no-anchoring areas are
- Commercial fishers should read the Special Management Areas (in addition to zoning) to ensure they are familiar with the:
- Species Conservation (Dugong Protection) Special Management Areas
- No Dories Detached Special Management Areas; and
- One Dory Detached Special Management Areas
- For commercial vessels greater than 50 metres refer to your permit, and the Zoning Plan
- For Shoalwater Bay Planning Area information see the Shoalwater Bay (Dugong) Plan of Management.